Thursday, April 11, 2013

O-Chem is No-Chem

This week has been quite the uphill challenge!  Let's begin by talking about Organic Chemistry.  I like to call it "The Monster," because it's every pre-med student's worst nightmare, it's extremely terrifying, and painful.  It doesn't help that the whole Organic Chemistry sequence is a whopping three semesters long!  Thankfully, I've made it to the last course, Organic Chemistry Lab (which is a full FOUR hours every week!), just barely unscathed.  It's only by some miracle that I've made it thus far......Organic Chemistry is like this: the problems are made up, the reactions don't matter, and everything is hypothetical and has no real life application.  This is how I've felt in O-Chem for the last 2 years of my life.....



On a side note, I spent over 12 hours these past two days working on a project for my business class, The Computer In Business.  12 hours = 10 points, I don't see the rationale there, does anyone see the rationale there?  Anyways, this week has been trying to say the least.  I also just downloaded this really snazzy Excel spreadsheet that lets me input things such as my GPA, science GPA, MCAT score, etc. and shows me which medical schools would actually want me! :)  

Let's talk about something more fun....fashion!  I love fashion just as much as the next girl, and I cannot get enough.  I could shop all day, everyday of my life and never get tired of it.  Something about shopping is calming, they don't call it Retail Therapy for nothing!  


Outfit from last weekend when Mom and sis were visiting!

I hope everyone has had a great week so far! :)


3 comments:

  1. So proud of you for perservering through these extremely mind boggling classes. If anyone can do it, it is you! Hang in there, soon it will be all downhill. All your hard work and countless hours in the lab will pay off. Just think, in a few short weeks you will be a junior at IU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this picture...absolutely hilarious! Reminds me of Kali :)

    You would be ashamed of my outfit...running pants! So comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds miserable and I am so glad there are smart people out there like you to tackle these crazy fields. Good for you!!! I could not do it! I am a bloggy friend of Kym's btw and can't wait to get to know you as well!!

    ReplyDelete